- Your Government
- Youth City Council
Youth City Council 2022-2023
Youth City Council (YCC) Annual Events:
- Trunk or Treat
- Food Drive
- Shoe Drive
- Blood Drive
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Kaysville Parade
- Founder's Day 5K Run and Auction
EASTER EGG HUNT - Don't miss the fun!
Saturday, April 8, 2023
Each year, the Fruit Heights Youth City Council sponsors an Easter Egg Hunt on the grounds surrounding City Hall. The fun is for our youngest residents, ages 0-12. The hunt starts right at 10 am, so arrive early and be ready to scoop up those eggs. Grab your baskets and come prepared for any weather!
The YCC wish to thank the community for supporting the recent food drive. Thanks to your generosity, the YCC donated more than 800 food items to the Bountiful Food Pantry just in time for Christmas.
Meet Your Youth City Council:
MAYOR PRO TEM
Ella Jane Williams
- Come with a positive attitude. There will be no names, negative attitudes, or cutting down of other youth council members. Members of the YCC must conduct themselves in a positive, respectable, friendly, and law abiding manner at all times. Members of the YCC need to set a proper example to the community at all times.
- Actively participate in all meetings and activities. During meeting times and other activities, cell phones will be required to be on silent and kept away, unless needed for scheduling and notes.
- Be on time, meetings are normally held as needed on the 1st Mondays of the month at 7:00 pm in the council chambers of City Hall and will be approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour long. There will be times when we will not need to meet or the Monday is a holiday, we will then meet the following Monday on the 2nd week. Also, special meetings may be called by the youth mayor or advisers as needed.
- Must be a resident of Fruit Heights during the time in office.
- Must be at least in ninth (9th) grade and not yet graduated from High School during the term of office.
- Must be at least eleventh (11th) grade to serve as Mayor of the Youth City Council.
- Attend at least 75% of all FHYCC meetings and 60% of all activities/service projects.
- Attend at least one Fruit Heights City Council meeting and report to the City Council as needed.
- Must fulfill the responsibilities of the office and be a proper example to the youth of Fruit Heights City.
- Wear your Youth City Council shirts to activities and service projects.
Youth City Council Advisors:
Jeanne and Jon Groberg:
City Council Liaison:George Ray:
Youth interested in participating with the Fruit Heights Youth City Council for the 2022-2023 session need to apply by JULY 31, 2022. Interviews take place in AUGUST. All students in grades 9 thru 12 are invited to apply.
- Recommendation Form (by an unrelated adult)