Youth City Council 2021-2022
Youth City Council (YCC) Annual Events:
- Trunk or Treat
- Food Drive
- Shoe Drive
- Blood Drive
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Kaysville Parade - July 4th Parade
- Founder's Day 5K Run and Auction - August 6, 2022, Nicholls Park
Apply for 2022-2023 YCC: Join the fun! Come be part of the Youth City Council.
See below for application details.
MAYOR PRO TEM
Hailey Halliday - Recorder/Secretary
Mia Simmons - Historian
Lucy Groberg - Treasurer
Jessie Murray - Publicity
Hannah Williams - Sergeant-At-Arms
Requirements to Serve:
- Come with a positive attitude. There will be no names, negative attitudes, or cutting down of other youth council members. Members of the YCC must conduct themselves in a positive, respectable, friendly, and law abiding manner at all times. Members of the YCC need to set a proper example to the community at all times.
- Actively participate in all meetings and activities. During meeting times and other activities, cell phones will be required to be on silent and kept away, unless needed for scheduling and notes.
- Be on time, meetings are normally held as needed on the 1st Mondays of the month at 7:00 pm in the council chambers of City Hall and will be approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour long. There will be times when we will not need to meet or the Monday is a holiday, we will then meet the following Monday on the 2nd week. Also, special meetings may be called by the youth mayor or advisers as needed.
- Must be a resident of Fruit Heights during the time in office.
- Must be at least in ninth (9th) grade and not yet graduated from High School during the term of office.
- Must be at least eleventh (11th) grade to serve as Mayor of the Youth City Council.
- Attend at least 75% of all FHYCC meetings and 60% of all activities/service projects.
- Attend at least one Fruit Heights City Council meeting and report to the City Council as needed.
- Must fulfill the responsibilities of the office and be a proper example to the youth of Fruit Heights City.
- Wear your Youth City Council shirts to activities and service projects.
Youth City Council Advisors:
Jeanne and Jon Groberg:
City Council Liaison:
Youth interested in participating with the Fruit Heights Youth City Council for the 2022-2023 session need to apply by JULY 31, 2022. Interviews take place in AUGUST. All students in grades 9 thru 12 are invited to apply.
The FHYCC is a great opportunity to work closely with the city, its residents, friends, neighbors, and classmates, to also plan and participate in service projects, help with city sponsored events, and gain experience in leadership. For more information, email Jeanne Groberg.