See what's new in Fruit Heights
TRENDING IN FRUIT HEIGHTS TODAY:
- Free Spring Cleanup Vouchers - Spring Cleanup Program April 16-26 - To help residents clear yard debris, the City is providing vouchers which cover fees to dump green waste at the Layton Landfill (1997 E 3500 N). The Landfill will accept vouchers April 16-26, 2021, and may be picked up at City Hall after April 9. Up to 3 vouchers per home. Vouchers apply to covered loads in pickup trucks or single axle trailers.
- SMART Sprinkler Program - With drought conditions as they are, everyone is asked to conserve water wherever possible. One water-saving tool is a smart controller for your sprinkler system. Fruit Heights City residents may purchase a controller from the City for $20 (retail $178).
- Wildfire Protection Program - Many homes and neighborhoods within our city have been identified as areas of high fire hazard. Now is the time to review areas around your home, and create a defensible space by thinning trees and brush.
Learn how to protect your home and neighborhood
- April/May Ridgerunner Newsletter
Learn about drought conditions, spring cleanup, Fruit Heights elections, city ordinances and UDOT updates.
SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES:
- Public Restrooms Open - The public restrooms at Nicholls Park and Harvey Park (located at City Hall) are now open for the season.
- Lock It Up - Davis County Sheriff's Deputies responded to several thefts in Fruit Heights over the last few days. One vehicle was stolen, in addition to many personal items from garages and homes. Deputies are reminding everyone to shut garage doors, remove valuables from vehicles, and to lock doors.
- Green Waste Service - Starting April 1, Robinson Waste resumes green waste service for the City. Please place green waste only (no trash) in your green waste can.
- Orchard Harvest Exhibit - Open through Spring 2021, this exhibit celebrates the role fruit has played in the history of our town. Come Learn about historic farming families, and the many varieties of fruits grown in our area. Located inside Fruit Heights City Hall, the exhibit is open M - F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
What’s Happening on US-89
Please visit UDOT for for the latest updates and timelines.
- Mountain Road - As part of UDOT's U.S. 89 project, the Mountain Road connection to U.S. 89 (the 200 N/400 N intersection) will close Monday, April 12, through June. The east leg of the U.S. 89/Nicholls Road intersection will open by then, so drivers living between 650 North and Nicholls Road will need to use Nicholls to access U.S. 89. Residents on Oakmont and points north will need to use Crestwood Road. This closure will allow crews to continue work on the 200 N/400 N interchange, including the bridge, on-/off-ramps, and connections to local streets. The new interchange is scheduled to open in late June.
- Nicholls Road - Nicholls Road, on the west side of U.S. 89, is closed through mid-April. The closure will allow for the installation of new irrigation lines. The road will reopen until the new 200 North/400 North interchange opens this summer, at which point, Nicholls Road access to U.S. 89 will permanently close.
- Green Road CLOSURE - Beginning mid-February, UDOT will close Green Road on the west side of U.S. 89. This is the permanent closure of Green Road access to U.S. 89. When Green Road reopens in 2023, it will connect to the new frontage road that runs south to Nicholls Road and Lloyd Road.
- Mountain Road UDOT Update - Utility work is ongoing on both sides of the closure, and one-way flagging will begin soon on the 650 North/Mountain Road side. Work will continue through May.
- 1350 East UDOT Update - Utility crews are beginning work on 1350 East. Traffic will be maintained in a one-way south-bound configuration. Two-way traffic out of the area will be maintained via Shady Lane Way and Grand Oaks Drive (1400 East). Work will continue through April.
|Administrative||Accounts Payable & Receivable||801-546-0861 ext. #firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative||Utilities, Water, Sewer, Garbage||801-546-0861 ext. #email@example.com|
|Administrative||Business Licensing, Permits, Inspections||801-546-0861 ext. #firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Administrative||Administration, Construction, Developemnt, US-89||801-546-0861 ext. #email@example.com|
|Public Works||Streets, Street Lighting, Water, Storm Water, Parks||801-546-0861 ext. #firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Emergency||Kaysville Fire (NON-EMERGENCY)||801-544-2860|
|Emergency||Davis County Sheriff (NON-EMERGENCY)||801-451-4150|