Requesting an Adjustment
- The Board of Adjustment shall hear and decide variances from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance and decide appeals of any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official. The Board of Adjustment shall not approve any variance or appeal of administrative decision unless it is able to substantiate the findings in the Fruit Height City Code.
- Fifteen (15) days notice must be given prior to the meeting of the Board of Adjustments. The City shall give notice by publication in a newspaper of general circulation of the time and place of the hearing set for not less than five (5) days after the date of publication.
- The applicant shall pay a $100 filing fee - payable to the City of Fruit Heights.
- The applicant shall submit a plot plan and set of building plans if the project involves a new or existing building, addition, or alteration to a building.
- Plot plans shall be drawn to scale accurately showing lot dimensions, area, yard dimensions, location and size of all existing and proposed buildings on the property, the existing and intended uses of each building or part of a building, and such other information as may be necessary to clearly define the questions involved.
- If existing conditions are claimed as hardship, the application shall be accompanied with photographs or survey showing the same.
- On any application for re-hearing, the applicant must allege new facts and prove same at the hearing.